3 Hook for upper retaining strap
5 Rear window shelf
6 Seat backrest
7 Upper retaining strap
Attaching the upper retaining strap
to the anchor
1. Open the anchor cover.
2. Raise the head restraint.
3. Guide the upper retaining strap between the
supports or along both sides of the head re‐
straint to the anchor.
For the middle seat, guide it over or along
both sides of the head restraint to the anchor
4. Attach the hook of the retaining strap to the
5. Tighten the retaining strap by pulling it down.
6. Lower and lock head restraints as needed.
Locking the doors and
windows in the rear
In certain situations it may be advisable to secure
the rear doors and windows, for instance when
Unlock or lock the safety switch on the rear
doors with the integrated key.
Child safety latch is unlocked.
Child safety latch is locked.
Safety switch for the rear
Press the button on the driver's door.
This locks various functions so that they cannot
be operated from the rear. Safety switch, refer to
Transporting children safely
Online Edition for Part no. 01402779051 - II/19