▷ Unintentional shifting from selector lever po‐
sition P into another selector lever position.
1. Fasten driver's safety belt.
2. Press and hold the button to release the se‐
lector lever lock.
3. Push the selector lever in the desired direc‐
tion, past a resistance point, if needed. The
selector lever automatically returns to the
center position when released.
Engaging selector lever position P
Press button P.
Rolling or pushing the vehicle
In some situations, the vehicle is to roll without
its own power for a short distance, for instance in
a vehicle wash, or be pushed.
Engaging selector lever position N
1. Switch on drive-ready state while pressing on
the brake pedal.
2. If necessary, release the parking brake.
3. If necessary, switch off Automatic Hold, refer
to page 113.
4. Depress the brake pedal.
5. Touch the selector lever lock and engage se‐
lector lever position N.
6. Switch off drive-ready state.
In this way, standby state remains switched
on, and a Check Control message is dis‐
The vehicle can roll.
Selector lever position P is automatically en‐
gaged when standby state is switched off.
There is a risk of damage to property. Do not
switch standby state off in vehicle washes.
Irrespective of standby state, the selector lever
position P is automatically engaged after approx.
If there is a malfunction, you may not be able to
change the selector lever position.
Electronically unlock the transmission lock, if
needed, refer to page 123.
Kickdown is used to achieve maximum driving
Step on the accelerator pedal beyond the resist‐
ance point at the full throttle position.
Online Edition for Part no. 01402779051 - II/19