Engaging selector lever position N
1. Press and hold down brake pedal.
2. Press the Start/Stop button. The starter must
audibly start. Hold the Start/Stop button
3. With your free hand, press the button on the
selector lever, arrow 1, and press the selector
lever into selector lever position N and hold,
arrow N, until selector lever position N is dis‐
played in the instrument cluster.
A Check Control message is displayed.
4. Release Start/Stop button and selector lever.
5. Release brake, as soon as the starter stops.
6. Maneuver the vehicle from the danger area
and secure it against moving on its own.
For additional information, see the chapter on
tow-starting and towing, refer to page 311.
Launch Control enables optimum acceleration
on surfaces with good traction under dry sur‐
The use of Launch Control causes premature
component wear since this function represents a
very heavy load for the vehicle.
Do not use Launch Control during the break-in,
refer to page 244, period.
Do not steer the steering wheel when driving off
with Launch Control.
Launch Control is available when the engine is at
operating temperature. The engine is at operat‐
ing temperature after an uninterrupted trip of at
least 6 miles/10 km.
Start with launch control
1. Switch on drive-ready state.
Press the button.
TRACTION is displayed in the instrument
cluster and the indicator light for DSC OFF
3. Engage selector lever position S.
4. With the left foot, forcefully press down on
5. Press and hold down the accelerator pedal
beyond the resistance point at the full throttle
A flag symbol is displayed in the instrument
6. The starting engine speed adjusts. Within
3 seconds, release the brake.
Repeated use during a trip
After Launch Control has been used, the trans‐
mission must cool down for approx. 5 minutes
before Launch Control can be used again.
Launch Control adjusts to the surrounding con‐
ditions, when used again.
After using Launch Control
To increase vehicle stability, activate DSC Dy‐
namic Stability Control again as soon as possible.
An experienced driver may be able to achieve
better acceleration values in DSC OFF mode.
Online Edition for Part no. 01402779051 - II/19