Removing the exterior tail light
1. Open the tailgate.
2. Use the screwdriver from the onboard vehicle
tool kit to loosen the clip, arrow 1, and re‐
move the cover, arrow 2.
3. Release both nuts.
4. Open the cover on the side trim in the cargo
area, arrow, and remove the warning triangle,
refer to page 337.
5. Loosen the screw and remove the holder.
6. Remove the connector, arrow 1, and loosen
the screw, arrow 2.
7. Detach the tail light from the body.
Replacing the bulbs
Loosen the four fasteners on the bulb holder,
arrow 1, and detach the bulb holder from the
tail light, arrow 2.
2. Press the bulb gently into the bulb holder,
turn counterclockwise and remove it.
3. Proceed in the reverse order to insert the
new bulb and attach the bulb holder. Make
sure that the bulb holder is engaged in all fas‐
Online Edition for Part no. 01405A10E93 - VI/20