Off-Highway Driving Guidelines
Your vehicle has been designed primarily for use on pavement, however, its higher
ground clearance allows you to occasionally travel on unpaved roads. It is not
designed for trail-blazing, or other challenging off-road activities.
If you decide to drive on unpaved roads, you will find that it requires somewhat
different driving skills and that your vehicle will handle somewhat differently than it
does on pavement. Pay attention to the precautions and tips in this section, and get
acquainted with your vehicle before leaving the pavement.
Important Safety Precautions
To avoid loss of control or rollover, be sure to follow all precautions and
• Be sure to store cargo properly and do not exceed your cargo load limits.
2 Maximum Load Limit P. 351
• Whenever you drive, make sure you and your passengers always wear seat belts.
• Keep your speed low, and never go faster than the conditions allow.
• It’s up to you to continually assess the situation and drive within the limits.
1Off-Highway Driving Guidelines
Failure to operate your vehicle correctly might result
in a crash or a rollover.
2 Important Handling Information P. 30
2 Precautions While Driving P. 366
Improperly operating this vehicle on or off
pavement can cause a crash or rollover in
which you and your passengers can be
seriously injured or killed.
• Follow all instructions and guidelines in
this owner’s manual.
• Keep your speed low, and don’t drive
faster than conditions permit.
15 CR-V-31T0A6300.book 358 ページ ２０１５年２月２日 月曜日 午前１０時３５分