uuWhen DrivinguStarting the Engine
1. Keeping your right foot on the brake pedal, release the parking brake. Check that
the parking brake indicator has gone off.
2 Parking Brake P. 405
2. Put the shift lever in (D. Select (R when reversing.
3. Gradually release the brake pedal and gently depress the accelerator pedal to pull
■ Hill start assist system
Hill start assist keeps the brake engaged briefly to help prevent the vehicle from
rolling on inclines as you move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator.
Move the shift lever to
(D or (S when facing uphill, or (R when facing downhill,
then release the brake pedal.
Starting to Drive
1Starting the Engine
Do not hold the key in START
(e for more than 15
• If the engine does not start right away, wait for at
least 10 seconds before trying again.
• If the engine starts, but then immediately stops,
wait at least 10 seconds before repeating step 3
while gently depressing the accelerator pedal.
Release the accelerator pedal once the engine
The immobilizer system protects your vehicle from
theft. If an improperly coded key (or other device) is
used, the engine's fuel system is disabled.
2 Immobilizer System P. 147
1Hill start assist system
Hill start assist may not prevent the vehicle from
rolling downhill on a very steep or slippery slope, and
does not operate on small inclines.
Hill start assist is not a replacement for the parking
Hill start assist will operate even when VSA® is
15 CR-V-31T0A6300.book 361 ページ ２０１５年２月２日 月曜日 午前１０時３５分