uuBrakinguCollision Mitigation Braking System
• Driving with the parking brake applied.
• When the radar sensor in the front grille gets dirty.
■ Detection limitations
• A vehicle or pedestrian suddenly crosses in front of you.
• The distance between your vehicle and the vehicle or pedestrian ahead of you is
• A vehicle cuts in front of you at a slow speed, and it brakes suddenly.
• When you accelerate rapidly and approach the vehicle or pedestrian ahead of you
at high speed.
• The vehicle ahead of you is a motorcycle, bicycle, mobility scooter or other small
• When there are animals in front of your vehicle.
• When you drive on a curved, winding or undulating road that makes it difficult for
the sensor to properly detect a vehicle in front of you.
• The speed difference between your vehicle and a vehicle in front of you is
• An oncoming vehicle suddenly comes in front of you.
• Your vehicle abruptly crosses over in front of an oncoming vehicle.
• When driving through a narrow iron bridge.
• When there is a group of people in front of your vehicle walking together side by
• Surrounding conditions or belongings of the pedestrian alter the pedestrian’s
shape, preventing the system from recognizing that the person is a pedestrian.
• When the pedestrian is squatting.
• When the pedestrian is shorter than about 3.3 feet (1 meter) or taller than about
6.6 feet (2 meters) in height.
Limitations applicable to pedestrian detection only
15 CR-V-31T0A6300.book 415 ページ ２０１５年２月２日 月曜日 午前１０時３５分