uuMaintenance Under the HooduChanging the Engine Oil and Oil Filter
4. Remove the oil filter and dispose of the remaining oil.
5. Check that the filter gasket is not stuck to the engine contact surface.
u If it is stuck, you must detach it.
6. Wipe away dirt and dust adhering to the contact surface of the engine block,
and install a new oil filter.
u Apply a light coat of new engine oil to the oil filter gasket.
7. Put a new washer on the drain bolt, then reinstall the drain bolt.
u Tightening torque:
30 lbf∙ft (40 N∙m, 4.0 kgf∙m)
8. Pour the recommended engine oil into the engine.
u Engine oil change capacity (including filter):
4.6 US qt (4.4 L)
9. Reinstall the engine oil fill cap securely and start the engine.
10. Run the engine for a few minutes, and then check that there is no leak from the
drain bolt or oil filter.
11. Stop the engine, wait for three minutes, and then check the oil level on the
u If necessary, add more engine oil.
1Changing the Engine Oil and Oil Filter
You will need a special wrench to replace the oil
filter. You can buy this wrench from a dealer.
When installing the new oil filter, follow the
instructions supplied with the oil filter.
Reinstall the engine oil fill cap. Start the engine. The
low oil pressure indicator should go off within five
seconds. If it does not, turn off the engine, and check
Be sure to verify that the oil filter is designed for your
vehicle. A genuine Honda oil filter is recommended
for optimum lubrication flow and filtration properties
to assure the reliability of the engine.
15 CR-V-31T0A6300.book 446 ページ ２０１５年２月２日 月曜日 午前１０時３５分