uuChecking and Maintaining TiresuWinter Tires
If driving on snowy or frozen roads, mount all season marked “M+S” tires, snow
tires, or tire chains; reduce speed; and maintain sufficient distance between vehicles
Be particularly careful when operating the steering wheel or brakes to prevent
Use tire chains, snow tires, or all season tires when necessary or according to the law.
When mounting, refer to the following points.
For winter tires:
• Select the size and load ranges that are the same as the original tires.
• Mount the tires to all four wheels.
For tire chains:
• Install them on the front tires only.
• Because your vehicle has limited tire clearance, we strongly recommend using the
chains listed below:
• Follow the chain manufacturer's instruction when installing. Mount them as
tightly as you can.
• Check that the chains do not touch the brake lines or suspension.
• Drive slowly.
Cable-type: SCC Radial Chain SC1042
Cable-type: SCC Radial Chain TC2111MM
Traction devices that are the wrong size or improperly
installed can damage your vehicle's brake lines,
suspension, body, and wheels. Stop driving if they are
hitting any part of the vehicle.
When tire chains are mounted, follow the chain
manufacturer's instructions regarding vehicle
If your vehicle is equipped with summer tires, be
aware that these tires are not designed for winter
driving conditions. For more information, contact a
Using the wrong chains, or not properly
installing chains, can damage the brake
lines and cause a crash in which you can be
seriously injured or killed.
Follow all instructions in this owner's
manual regarding the selection and use of
Models with 215/70R16 tires
Models with 225/65R17 or P225/60R18 99H tires
15 CR-V-31T0A6300.book 473 ページ ２０１５年２月２日 月曜日 午前１０時３５分