Dust off the vehicle body after you drive.
Regularly inspect your vehicle for scratches on painted surfaces. A scratch on a
painted surface can result in body rust. If you find a scratch, promptly repair it.
Wash the vehicle regularly. Wash more frequently when driving in the following
• If driving on roads with road salt.
• If driving in coastal areas.
• If tar, soot, bird droppings, insects, or tree sap are stuck to painted surfaces.
• Remove the audio antenna.
2 Audio Antenna P. 209
• Fold in the door mirrors.
• Turn off the automatic intermittent wipers
Make sure to follow the instructions indicated on the automated car wash.
• Keep sufficient distance between the cleaning nozzle and the vehicle body.
• Take particular care around the windows. Standing too close may cause water to
enter the vehicle interior.
• Do not spray high pressure water directly into the engine compartment. Instead,
use low pressure water and a mild detergent.
Washing the Vehicle
Using an Automated Car Wash
Using High Pressure Cleaners
1Washing the Vehicle
Do not spray water into the air intake vents. It can
cause a malfunction.
* Not available on all models
15 CR-V-31T0A6300.book 480 ページ ２０１５年２月２日 月曜日 午前１０時３５分