Servicing Your Honda
Frequent cleaning and polishing will keep your Honda looking newer
Frequent cleaning also identifies you as an owner who values his
A clean ATV is also easier to inspect and service.
Refer to Safety Precautions on page 84.
• To clean your ATV, you may use:
– a mild, neutral detergent and water
– a mild spray and wipe cleaner/polisher
– a mild spray and rinse cleaner/degreaser and water
• Avoid products that contain harsh detergents or chemical
solvents that could damage the metal, paint, plastic, and
camouflage coating on your ATV (Honda SxS).
• If your ATV is still warm from recent operation, give the engine
and exhaust system time to cool off.
• Park in a shady area. Washing your ATV in bright sunlight may
cause the finish to fade because water droplets intensify the sun’s
• Spotting is also more likely because surface water can dry before
you have time to wipe it off.
• Clean your ATV regularly to protect surface finishes.
• We recommend the use of a low pressure garden hose to wash
your ATV. High pressure washers (like those at coin-operated car
washers) can damage certain parts of your ATV.
High pressure water (or air) can damage certain parts of your ATV.
• After cleaning, inspect for damage, wear, and leaks (fuel and oil).
20 TRX90X-31HP27200.book 147 ページ ２０１９年５月２８日 火曜日 午前９時５８分