Engine braking helps slow your motorcycle
down when you release the throttle. For further
slowing action, downshift to a lower gear. Use
engine braking with intermittent use of the
brakes to reduce speed when descending long,
Wet or Rainy Conditions
Road surfaces are slippery when wet, and wet
brakes further reduce braking efficiency.
Exercise extra caution when braking in wet
If the brakes get wet, apply the brakes while
riding at low speed to help them dry.
● Park on a firm, level surface.
● If you must park on a slight incline or loose
surface, park so that the motorcycle cannot
move or fall over.
● Make sure that high-temperature parts
cannot come into contact with flammable
● Do not touch the engine, muffler, brakes
and other high-temperature parts until they
● To reduce the likelihood of theft, always lock
the handlebar and remove the key when
leaving the motorcycle unattended.
Use of an anti-theft device is also
20170804181417_31MJA6000_enu_BOOK Page 15 Friday, August 04 2017 18:20:32 JST