To ensure safety, it is your responsibility to
perform a pre-ride inspection and make sure
that any problem you find is corrected. A pre-
ride inspection is a must, not only for safety, but
because having a breakdown, or even a flat tire,
can be a major inconvenience.
Check the following items before you get on
● Tire tread wear and air pressures are within
limits. 2 P. 45
Lights, horn, and turn signals operate
Check the following items if you are carrying a
passenger or cargo:
Combined weight is within load limits.
2 P. 121
Cargo is secured properly.
Suspension is adjusted to suit load. 2 P. 78
Check the following items after you get on your
● Throttle action moves smoothly without
binding. 2 P. 75
● Brake lever and pedal operate normally.
● Refuel when needed. 2 P. 13, 2 P. 28
● Engine stop switch functions properly.
2 P. 22
Check the following items at regular intervals:
● Oil level is between the upper and lower
level marks. 2 P. 55
Brake fluid level is above the LOWER level
mark. 2 P. 64
Engine coolant level is between the UPPER
and LOWER level marks. 2 P. 60
Side stand functions properly. 2 P. 71
20170804180835_31MJA8000_enu_BOOK Page 40 Friday, August 04 2017 18:14:25 JST