Features of your vehicle
Opening the hood
1. Pull the release lever to unlatch the
hood. The hood should pop open
2. Go to the front of the vehicle, raise the
hood slightly, pull the secondary latch
(1) inside of the hood center and lift
the hood (2).
3. Raise the hood. It will raise completely
by itself after it has been raised about
Closing the hood
1. Before closing the hood, check the fol-
• All filler caps in engine compartment
must be correctly installed.
• Gloves, rags or any other com-
bustible material must be removed
from the engine compartment.
2. Lower the hood halfway and push
down to securely lock in place.
• Before closing the hood, ensure
that all obstructions are removed
from the hood opening. Closing
the hood with an obstruction
present in the hood opening may
result in property damage or
severe personal injury.
• Do not leave gloves, rags or any
other combustible material in the
engine compartment. Doing so
may cause a heat-induced fire.
• Always double check to be sure
that the hood is firmly latched
before driving away. If it is not
latched, the hood could open
while the vehicle is being driven,
causing a total loss of visibility,
which might result in an accident.
• Do not move the vehicle with the
hood raised. The view will be
blocked and the hood could fall
or be damaged.
Open the hood after turning off the
engine on a flat surface, shifting
the shift lever to the P(Park) posi-
tion for automatic transaxle and to
the 1st(First) gear or R(Reverse) for
manual transaxle, and setting the