Features of your vehicle
• For maximum defrosting, set the tem-
perature control to the extreme
right/hot position and the fan speed
control to the highest speed.
• If warm air to the floor is desired while
defrosting or defogging, set the mode
to the floor-defrost position.
• Before driving, clear all snow and ice
from the windshield, rear window, out-
side rear view mirrors, and all side win-
• Clear all snow and ice from the hood
and air inlet in the cowl grill to improve
heater and defroster efficiency and to
reduce the probability of fogging up the
inside of the windshield.
Manual climate control system
To defog inside windshield
1. Select any fan speed except “0” posi-
2. Select desired temperature.
3. Select the or position.
4. The outside (fresh) air will be selected
If the outside (fresh) air position is not
selected automatically, press the corre-
sponding button manually.
WINDSHIELD DEFROSTING AND DEFOGGING
WARNING - Windshield
Do not use the or position
during cooling operation in
extremely humid weather. The dif-
ference between the temperature of
the outside air and that of the wind-
shield could cause the outer sur-
face of the windshield to fog up,
causing loss of visibility. In this
case, set the mode selection knob
or button to the position and
fan speed control knob or button to
a lower speed.