Features of your vehicle
CAUTION IN USING
• To use an external USB device,
make sure the device is not con-
nected when starting up the vehi-
cle. Connect the device after
• If you start the engine when the
USB device is connected, it may
damage the USB device. (USB
flashdrives are very sensitive to
• If the engine is started up or
turned off while the external USB
device is connected, the external
USB device may not work.
• The System may not play inau-
thentic MP3 or WMA files.
1) It can only play MP3 files with
the compression rate between
2) It can only play WMA music
files with the compression rate
• Take precautions for static elec-
tricity when connecting or discon-
necting the external USB device.
• An encrypted MP3 PLAYER is not
• Depending on the condition of
the external USB device, the con-
nected external USB device can
• When the formatted byte/sector
setting of External USB device is
not either 512BYTE or 2048BYTE,
then the device will not be recog-
• Use only a USB device formatted
to FAT 12/16/32.
• USB devices without USB I/F
authentication may not be recog-
• Make sure the USB connection
terminal does not come in con-
tact with the human body or other
• If you repeatedly connect or dis-
connect the USB device in a short
period of time, it may break the
• You may hear a strange noise
when connecting or disconnect-
ing a USB device.
• If you disconnect the external USB
device during playback in USB
mode, the external USB device can
be damaged or may malfunction.
Therefore, disconnect the external
USB device when the audio is
turned off or in another mode. (e.g,
Radio, XM or CD)
• Depending on the type and
capacity of the external USB
device or the type of the files
stored in the device, there is a dif-
ference in the time taken for
recognition of the device.
• Do not use the USB device for
purposes other than playing
• Playing videos through the USB
is not supported.
• Use of USB accessories such as
rechargers or heaters using USB
I/F may lower performance or