Driving your vehicle
To decrease the cruising speed:
Follow either of these procedures:
• Push the SET- switch and hold it. Your
vehicle will gradually slow down.
Release the switch at the speed you
want to maintain.
• Push the SET- switch and release it
immediately. The cruising speed will
decrease 1.0 mph (1.6 km/h) each
time the SET- switch is operated in this
To temporarily accelerate with the
cruise control on:
If you want to speed up temporarily when
the cruise control is on, depress the
accelerator pedal. Increased speed will
not interfere with cruise control operation
or change the set speed.
To return to the set speed, take your foot
off the accelerator.
To cancel cruise control, do one
of the following:
• Press the brake pedal.
• Press the clutch pedal with a manual
• Shift the shift lever into N (Neutral) with
an automatic transaxle
• Press the CANCEL switch located on
the steering wheel.
• Decrease the vehicle speed lower than
the memory speed by 9 mph (15
• Decrease the vehicle speed to less
than approximately 25 mph (40 km/h).