Checking the engine oil level
1. Be sure the vehicle is on level ground.
2. Start the engine and allow it to reach
normal operating temperature.
3. Turn the engine off and wait for a few
minutes (about 5 minutes) for the oil to
return to the oil pan.
4. Pull the dipstick out, wipe it clean, and
re-insert it fully.
5. Pull the dipstick out again and check
the level. The level should be between
F and L.
If it is near or at L, add enough oil to bring
the level to F. Do not overfill.
Use a funnel to help prevent oil from
being spilled on engine components.
Use only the specified engine oil. (Refer
to “Recommended lubricants and capaci-
ties” in section 8.)
WARNING - Radiator hose
Be very careful not to touch the
radiator hose when checking or
adding the engine oil as it may be
hot enough to burn you.
• Do not overfill with engine oil.
Engine damage may result.
• Do not spill engine oil, when
adding or changing engine oil. If
you drop the engine oil on the
engine room, wipe it off immedi-