Items should be reset after the battery
has been discharged or the battery has
• Auto up/down window (See section 4)
• Sunroof (See section 4)
• Trip computer (See section 4)
• Climate control system
(See section 4)
• Clock (See section 4)
• Audio (See section 4)
• Before performing maintenance
or recharging the battery, turn off
all accessories and stop the
• The negative battery cable must
be removed first and installed
last when the battery is discon-
• Operation related to the battery
should be done in an authorized
WARNING - Recharging
When recharging the battery,
observe the following precautions:
• The battery must be removed
from the vehicle and placed in an
area with good ventilation.
• Do not allow cigarettes, sparks,
or flame near the battery.
• Watch the battery during charg-
ing, and stop or reduce the charg-
ing rate if the battery cells begin
gassing (boiling) violently or if
the temperature of the electrolyte
of any cell exceeds 120°F (49°C).
• Wear eye protection when check-
ing the battery during charging.
• Disconnect the battery charger in
the following order.
1. Turn off the battery charger main
2. Unhook the negative clamp from
the negative battery terminal.
3. Unhook the positive clamp from
the positive battery terminal.