Features of your vehicle
1. Open the trunk lid with the mechanical
2. Set the trunk lid control switch to
UNLOCK ( ).
3. Close the trunk lid.
In this position the trunk will open with
the trunk lid release button or smart key.
Unlock the glove box using the mechani-
A smart key battery should last for sever-
al years, but if the smart key is not work-
ing properly, try replacing the battery with
a new one. If you are unsure how to use
your smart key or replace the battery,
contact an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
1. Insert a slim tool into the opening and
gently pry open the rear cover of the
2. Replace the battery with a new battery
(CR2032). When replacing the battery,
make sure the battery positive “+” sym-
bol faces up as indicated in the illus-
3. Install the battery in the reverse order
• The smart key is designed to give
you years of trouble-free use,
however it can malfunction if
exposed to moisture or static
electricity. If you are unsure how
to use or replace the battery, con-
tact an authorized HYUNDAI deal-
• Using the wrong battery can
cause the smart key to malfunc-
tion. Be sure to use the correct
• To avoid damaging the smart key,
don't drop it, get it wet, or expose
it to heat or sunlight.
• An inappropriately disposed bat-
tery can be harmful to the envi-
ronment and human health.
Dispose the battery according to
your local law(s) or regulation.