SAFETY INFORMATION 19
Protective Gear and Clothing
Kawasaki strongly recommends the
operator wear a DOT-approved helmet
even if this is not a legal requirement.
- Make sure that your helmet fits cor-
rectly and is properly fastened.
- Choose a motorcycle helmet that
meets DOT safety standards. Ask
your motorcycle dealer to advise you
Always use eye protectio n. If your
helmet does not have a visor installed,
Wear gloves which have suitable
protection for your hands, especially
Wear the riding wear which have
protectors for each parts of the body
(chest, shoulders, back, elbows and
knees, etc.) as much as possible, or
wear protectors for them.
- Always wear a long-sleeved jacket
and long trousers which are abrasion
resistant and keep you warm.
- Wear clothing that allows freedom of
- Avoid wearing clothes which have
loose cuffs or other fastenings which
could interfere with the controls of
- Wear bright, highly visible clothing.
Wear proper protective boots that fit
properly and do not interfere with gear
shifting or braking.