What to do in an emergency
Removing and storing the spare
Turn the tire hold-down wing bolt
Store the tire in the reverse order of
To prevent the spare tire and tools
from “rattling” while the vehicle is in
motion, store them properly.
1. Park on a level surface and apply
the parking brake firmly.
2. Shift the shift lever into R
(Reverse) for manual transaxle or
P (Park) for automatic transaxle.
3. Activate the hazard warning flash-
• The vehicle can easily roll off
the jack causing serious
injury or death. No person
should place any portion of
their body under a vehicle that
is supported only by a jack;
use vehicle support stands.
• Do not start or run the engine
while the vehicle is on the
• Do not allow anyone to remain
in the vehicle while it is on the
• Make sure any children pres-
ent are in a secure place away
from the road and from the
vehicle to be raised with the