Your vehicle has a maintenance-free,
• If the battery becomes discharged in a
short time (because, for example, the
headlights or interior lights were left on
while the vehicle was not in use),
recharge it by slow charging (trickle)
for 10 hours.
• If the battery gradually discharges
because of high electric load while the
vehicle is being used, recharge it at 20-
30A for two hours.
• When lifting a plastic-cased bat-
tery, excessive pressure on the
case may cause battery acid to
leak, resulting in personal injury.
Lift with a battery carrier or with
your hands on opposite corners.
• Never attempt to recharge the
battery when the battery cables
• The electrical ignition system
works with high voltage. Never
touch these components with the
engine running or the ignition
Failure to follow the above warn-
ings can result in serious bodily
injury or death.
• When you don’t use the vehicle
for a long time in the low temper-
ature area, separate the battery
and keep it indoors.
• Always charge the battery fully to
prevent battery case damage in
low temperature area.
• If you connect unauthorized elec-
tronic devices to the battery, the
battery may be discharged. Never
use unauthorized devices.
Separating the battery from the
vehicle should be done in an
authorized Kia dealer.