Safety features of your vehicle
Air bag warning light
The purpose of the air bag warning light
in your instrument panel is to alert you of
a potential problem with your air bag -
Supplemental Restraint System (SRS).
When the ignition switch is turned ON,
the indicator light should illuminate for
approximately 6 seconds, then go off.
Have the system checked if:
• The light does not turn on briefly when
you turn the ignition ON.
• The light stays on after illuminating for
approximately 6 seconds.
• The light comes on while the vehicle is
SRS components and functions
The SRS consists of the following com-
1. Driver's front air bag module
2. Passenger's front air bag module
3. Side impact air bag modules
4. Curtain air bag modules
5. Retractor pre-tensioner assemblies*
6. Air bag warning light
7. SRS control module (SRSCM)
8. Front impact sensors
9. Side impact sensors
10. PASSENGER AIR BAG “OFF” indi-
cator (Front passenger’s seat only)
11. Occupant detection system
(Front passenger’s seat only)
• Extreme Hazard! Do not use a
rearward facing child restraint on
a seat protected by an air bag in
front of it!
• Never put a child restraint in the
front passenger’s seat. If the front
passenger air bag inflates, it can
cause serious or fatal injuries.
• When children are seated in the
rear outboard seats of a vehicle
equipped with side and/or curtain
air bags, be sure to install the
child restraint system as far away
from the door side as possible,
and securely lock the child
restraint system in position.
Inflation of side and/or curtain air
bags could cause serious injury
or death to an infant or child.